Already have a Username/Password for IMI Konnect?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Guidelines for Authors
For submitting papers the author(s) should register with the journal website and follow the submission link (link to login). Submission of papers will be taken to imply that the paper represents an original work without plagiarism and not previously published or being considered elsewhere for publication. On occurrence of misconduct related to research, the journal may ask the authors to correct the manuscript following the suggestions of the editors/ reviewers. On unsatisfactory response the submitted manuscript will be retracted. All authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
All authors must mention the affiliation. Upon acceptance of the paper, the author(s) will be asked to transfer copyright of the paper to Konnect. There is no submission or publication fee.
Guidelines for Manuscript Submission
- The cover page of the manuscript should contain (i) the title, name(s) and institutional affiliation(s) and email of author(s), (ii) an abstract of 150-200 words. For ensuring “double blind” referring process the authors’ name should not appear anywhere else of the article except the title page. Manuscripts must be submitted in English.
- 3 to 4 keywords should be included
- The article should be non-technical and should be within 2500 - 7000 words. There should not be any mathematical expressions or equations or technicalities of methods in the main text. The article should not contain any notations or equations at least in the main text. If required, they may be put in Appendix. Appendix should be placed before References.
- It should be typed in MS Word, Font: Times New Roman 12, Line spacing 1.5.
- All sections of the article should be numbered.
- All illustrations, figures, and tables should be placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end, and should be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals, with a title. Sources of all tables and figures must be mentioned. should preferably be in black and white.
- All headings and sub-headings should be written using title case. All sub-headings should be written in italics.
- Footnotes should be kept to a minimum and numbered consecutively throughout the text with superscript Arabic numerals.
- Full forms of each abbreviation should be mentioned at first instance.
- Symbols for the respective currencies should be used, e.g. ₹, $, £ etc. In the text body ‘per cent’ should be written instead of using the symbol (%).
- Each article/ book/ chapter mentioned in the References should be cited in the main text. In the text, references to publications should be as follows: ";;;;;Jones (1965) provided the basic general equilibrium structure ....";;;;;, or ";;;;;A similar problem has addressed elsewhere (Bhagwati et al., 1992).";;;;;
- For bibliographical entries (or list of references) should appear at the end of the main text (after any appendices) with the following style (APA with title case):
- For bibliographical entries (or list of references) should appear at the end of the main text (after any appendices) with the following style (APA with title case): For monographs: Jones, R.W. (2001). Globalization and Theory of Input Trade. MA: MIT Press. For contributions to collective works: Johnson, H.G. (1965). Optimal Trade Intervention in Presence of Domestic Distortions. In R.E. Baldwin et al. (Eds.), Trade, Growth and Balance of Payments. Essays in Honour of G. Haberler. Amsterdam: North Holland. Citation of newspaper articles may be provided in footnotes with the URL.
- Any manuscript which does not conform to the above style may be returned for the necessary revision before publication.
- Page proofs will be sent to the corresponding author. Corrections should be restricted to instances in which the proof is at variance with the manuscript.
- For submission of manuscript, login here
Submission Preparation Checklist
Authors are requested to check compliance with all of the following guidelines before submission:
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it in another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format. The text is 1.5 line-spaced, is in 12-point Times New Roman font. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Submission Guidelines.
- For figures and tables, submission of the editable file (e.g. Microsoft Excel) is required.
After acceptance of a submission, all authors of the submission shall be required to sign the Copyright Agreement.
Rights of author
Authors retain the following rights:
- The right to include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation with the knowledge of IMI Kolkata.
- The right to photocopy or make electronic copies of the article for their own personal use, (e.g. own classroom use, or for the personal use of colleagues, provided that the copies are not offered for sale and are not distributed in a systematic way outside of their employing institution e.g. via an e-mail list).
- The right to use the article or any part thereof, in a printed compilation of works of their own, such as collected writings or lecture notes with the citation of the article published in IMI Konnect.
- The right to present the article at a meeting or conference.
- The right to publish the article in an edited volume, with prior permission of International Management Institute Kolkata.